Information for New Patients
- Friday - Sunday
What should I expect on my first visit?
- For your convenience, you can click here to fill out the necessary paperwork to complete prior to your appointment. Or you may also arrive to our office 15 minutes before your appointment to complete the forms.
- Upon your arrival at our office, you will be greeted by one of our friendly team members who will be expecting your visit.
- During your first visit, you will meet Dr. Liu or Dr. Lin. In order for us to get to know you better, the doctor will first take the time to listen to your need or concern.
- We will then perform a comprehensive oral examination. This examination includes routine oral cancer screening, TMJ evaluation, soft tissue evaluation, as well as examination for your teeth and gum. This can be one of the most thorough dental / oral exams you have received. After that, x-ray images will be taken based on your needs. We might also use a small digital intraoral camera to take some images of your teeth for visual presentations to be used during the oral examination. With all the information gathered, the doctor will take his time to discuss with you about the status your oral health. We will go over any necessary treatment and treatment options. We will also take our time to answer any of your questions. To enhance your understanding, we often use digital x-ray images / actual photos of your teeth, as well as a dental education app on our iPad for the discussion.
- Depending on your need, we might also perform a routine cleaning for you.
- If your first visit is an emergency visit, instead of a comprehensive oral exam, we will perform a problem-focused exam. We will then recommend or provide the necessary emergency treatment based on your need.